Sunday, February 16, 2014

Only in WELS - That "Straight" Synod Where Two Gay Men Take Over a Congregation - With the Help of Synod Leaders.
And the PR Director Is in the Hoosegow


I was thinking about the possibility of practicing on the organ at St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church on 8th and Vliet once it opens again as a congregation. Karen Beaumont and I were thinking the church will not reopen as a congregation at anytime soon. I saw this on the Face Book page of the congregation and Pastor Hastings mentioned something that one of the long time congregation members was hoping the church would reopen after all of this stupid stuff with these two gay men gets resolved. If the church does reopen, I would like to get in there at some point to practice on the organ.

Another thing Karen mentioned to me (and we talked about this), was that the organ hasn't really been worked on in a number of years other than that Petersen module, whatever it is, being installed. Last time I heard and saw the organ was at Karen Beaumont's concert in fall of 2012. It had some nice string stops like you mentioned and there were some stops I came across in the stop list. Did any of the reed stops ever work for you? Just wondering.

At this point, does it look like the congregation of St. John's is dissolved or do you forsee the church reopening at some point in time? I think this whole gay thing was very stupid to begin with and that these two members did this terrible thing to Pastor Hastings and the congregation. I hope something will be done to where the church can reopen and Pastor Hastings can continue his work as a pastor.

Anyway, have a great weekend and let me know if anything has happened regarding whether the church will reopen and I can try out the organ for myself. Talk to you later.

Mike Keegan