"Just read the C&C brochure on Ichabod. I don't think I'll sleep. I'm surprised I didn't receive a brochure. Our congregation used ___ and ___ with Perish Assistance - worst thing to ever happen to us."
GJ - The details are horrible to read, about how WELS spent enormous sums driving the congregation into the dumper. Multiply that many times over - that is the Church and Chicanery legacy.
---Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Perish Assistance in WELS":
Parish (sic!) Assistance at our congregation started about 10 years ago - $10,000-$15,000. It reorganized our entire council structure into what I would describe as an unethical mess. We then spent about $15,000 with a company to see how much money we could raise, and recently received a $50,000 grant from Thrivent to hire a firm to help us raise money for a building project. Church membership over the 10 years has decreased significantly, as has the number of families with children in the congregation to the point that there are only about 70 K-8 children here out of about 900 souls. I've heard of positive results from P.A., though I can't give you any names. I would not recommend it to anyone.
GJ - I have more details from the source, but I am going to leave what is posted above as it is, without clarifications. The Shrinkers are more than willing to extend the Left Foot of Fellowship to anyone who questions them. Like the indulgence trade that started the Reformation, this is false doctrine mining the gold of faithful Christians.
Wherever Perish Services lurk, WELS congregations find the following, so beware:
- Enormous fees for fund-raising, including a commission on the profits. As Kelm explained, "No, this is a non-prophet organization. Your spelling is off."
- New buildings and remodeling projects as a Means of Grace. Build it and they will come is a fatuous Hollywood slogan. Pass the popcorn, because that will not happen.
- Entertainment-style services, man worshiping himself rather than God's grace coming to people through the Means of Grace.
- How can we hide the Sacraments better?
- The liturgy is a real downer. Let's leave people upbeat and positive.
- Division, alienation, loss of membership in the name of growth.