Thursday, April 26, 2012

Orthodox Lutherans Do Not Indulge in Double-Talk.
Nor Do They Promote the Papacy

"I absolve those who bow down to Me,
but woe unto the impenitent, who crosseth Me and bedevileth Me."


I thought McCain's plagiarism of a Roman Catholic encyclopedia, promoted on LaughQuest, would have yielded a Page Not Found this morning.


Wouldn't LQ's peevish contributors complain about this bald-faced Roman Catholic propaganda?

The sincerest form of flattery is imitation. We know that McCain is lazy and intellectually dishonest, from the way he presented a papist page as his own, with a stealthy reference at the bottom. He got the graphic from one of many St. Mark sites, such an Episcopal church using the same artwork. I can track artwork too.

But McCain's material came verbatim from a Roman Catholic propaganda site, one clearly designed to draw Protestants into the fold. They have an impressive, world-wide drive to decimate other denominations through wolf-stealing and sheep-stealing. Wolf-stealing is getting an ordained minister to promote the pope before poping, so he can draw other wolves and more sheep into the realm of the Antichrist. The Roman Catholics are adept at this, but Lutherans do not give counter-propaganda an ounce of effort. 

The only serious Lutheran book about Roman Catholic doctrine is Catholic, Lutheran, Protestant. CPH would not touch it because I wrote for Herman Otten. I know, because I asked an editor at CPH why they shunned a unique book. Oddly, McCain worked with Otten and lied about it, so that rule did not apply to him. Many LCMS leaders have done the same, using Christian News to spin and spike stories, ostentatiously denouncing Otten as an unregenerate liar. 

Many times I coveted an editor's job at a Lutheran publishing house. That would have shackled me, taped my mouth shut, and ended my drive to write and publish. As a Random House editor told me, "Editors do not write."

Putting together Luther's Sermons, the Lenker edition, was labor-intensive and demanding, but also great fun. I have to moderate how hard it was, because technology allows a hideously designed webpage to be stripped of code and published in a neat format, in a matter of seconds. In case anyone wonders, this is how I do it.

  1. Mark the text (or control-a).
  2. Control-C to copy that text.
  3. Control-V to paste that text into Notepad or a similar pure text program.
  4. This strips the material of all web codes.
  5. Control-A to mark the immaculate Notepad text.
  6. Control-C to copy it into the Clipboard.
  7. Control-V to paste it onto the blog page (or Word - but Word produces code promiscuously).
  8. Save the page. Add graphics and some format.
  9. Post the page.

That is how McCain plagiarized the Roman Catholic encyclopedia. The Biblical citations show up real purdy for him because there is a plug-in for that. I tried it once but found it annoying.

Who do people allow him to get away with this? Many are afraid of Harrison's hatchet man. 

I use the same system for Blog This! That is a Google tool for copying the link and a small part of the text. Most sites allow me to post most of their material because it brings them readers. 

I have an agreement with ChurchMouse to use a partial quotation so people will go to his site for the entire article. 

Blog This! shows up with the link near the top of the post and another citation at the bottom. I add the original graphic or my own, depending on the need. I make an effort to separate my words from those I am quoting.

I copy insightful comments into posts, so people can see them better. I also copy bizarre comments, so the writer cannot come back and kilcrease them. Kilcrease is a verb based on Jack Kilcrease's habit of posting comments and erasing them. It is contagious, because converts to UOJ do the same thing, but only when under the Knapp-Huber spell of universal absolution.

ELCA-trained WELS pastor's son, Jack Kilcrease, is  McCain's expert on UOJ.
Kilcrease teaches at a Roman Catholic college after earning a PhD in Jesuitry from Marquette.