Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Blind Guides at LutherQuest (sic)



Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Erich Heidenreich, DDS (Erich)
Senior Member
Username: Erich

Post Number: 1257
Registered: 12-2004
Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 9:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post


Right. And I confess once again that I shamefully fell into this same horrible error myself a decade ago here on LQ. When I argued against the universal objective imputation of Christ's righteousness, I thought I could do so while keeping faith from being man's contribution to the deal. However, if my faith, even if it is a gift, is what the object of my faith is, then it has nothing. Thanks to faithful members here, especially Pr. Rolf Preus, over a very long period of debate and argumentation, I learned the beautiful truth that everything that is true of subjective justification is true objectively, including the imputation of Christ's righteousness. Thus, the object of faith is Christ and His work. Faith is simply the instrument by which all these objective truths are applied subjectively by God to those to whom He gives faith. If they are not true objectively, they cannot be applied subjectively, and faith looks to itself instead of to Christ.

---







Robert Preus earned two doctorates - Rolf none.
Scaer's education was exclusively parochial,
and it shows.
Repeat after me - graduate!