Saturday, October 12, 2013

Meeting Sam's Club CEO and Birthday Bash

Alice Walton thanked Chris for her volunteer work at
Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.


CEO Rosalind Brewer, usually called Roz, is getting stellar results at Sam's Club.


Walmart CEO Mike Duke was new when we moved to Arkansas, 2009.


--

LI takes me to the Walmart Saturday Morning Meeting each month, and we usually see famous celebrities: movie stars, singes, sports leaders, Olympians, and heroes like Sully, who landed a jet safely in the Hudson River.

Today we did not have a typical celebrity, but the CEO of Sam's Club sat right behind us during the meeting, since various executives take turns speaking about their areas of business. She nudged me into a standing ovation at one point, when I was still seated but clapping. I thought, "OK, now I am going to meet you."

After the meeting, I nudged Roz as she turned to leave. We had a brief conversation about how much I enjoyed shopping for food at Sam's Club. She was very pleasant.

I did the same at a previous meeting at the Walmart meeting. Mike Duke was not involved talking to anyone, before the meeting started, so I went up and shook hands with him. My thought is, "There will be one chance, so I will take it."

At Crystal Bridges, many people do not know that the person who is offering informal tours  is Alice Walton. One day she might be guiding future donors around. The next time she will describe the paintings for first-time guests. Mrs. Ichabod enjoys working there, and we often serve as greeters when a lecture is presented. We have seen Alice a number of times and talked to her. When I took a photo of Alice and Chris, Alice suggested I take a photo of the whole Walton family a few minutes later.

We had another family grilling adventure with the T-Rex grill, which we assembled earlier.

The Walton family came as a group to the museum they funded.
Crystal Bridges Museum is located on
the creek where the Walton children played long ago.