Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Not Falsifiable Claims about UOJ and Robert Preus



LPC has left a new comment on your post "Preus Clan Still Tries to Rescue Universal Absolut...":

Pr. Greg,

The Herr Prof. Gard's claim suffers a shipwreck in my of course opinion.

He stated:


To state it once again: Dr. Robert Preus never changed his doctrinal position on Objective Justification

Such a claim is not falsifiable. It is pretty serious in my business, i.e. your testimony sir can not be admitted as evidence.

Apparently LC-MS theologians do not care if what they claim meets the standards for evidence.

I should not be shocked but I am.

LPC

***

GJ - Here is the definition of falsifiable from WordWeb, a cool free program - "Capable of being tested (verified or falsified) by experiment or observation."

In other words, no one can prove or disprove this claim. But what are we missing or avoiding? Yes, the book itself. What does Justification and Rome teach? California pointed out that the value of printed books is - they last and cannot be changed in a twinkle the way a web page can.

For example, I looked up the link where the LCMS banned McCain's horribly edited Book of Concord. The page existed before,  because I linked it and copied much of it. But I got - Error 404. Page Not Found.
Like the Church and Change material in WELS, or Ski's blog about the Drive Babtist Worship Conference, all someone has to do is remove the link or change the URL.

But Justification and Rome sits near my desk, next to my pile of Walther and Stephan resources. I remember when STD was a divinity degree, not something on a bishop's health record.

The datum is the book, which they will not argue. If Rolf really did help edit the book, why not share the actual draft he inherited? Why not debate the book rather than his self-serving memory?