The Glory Has Departed

Lutheran book boxes sent to three African seminaries -
a third one has been sent now.

Norma Boeckler, Artist-in-Residence

The Lutheran Library Publishing Ministry

Bethany Lutheran Worship on
Ustream - Sunday, 10 AM Central Daylight Time.
Wednesdays Romans 1-5 in Greek
7 PM CDT

Saved worship files and Greek lessons are at the live worship link.

email: greg.jackson.edlp@gmail.com,
which works as gregjacksonedlp@gmail.com too.

Luther's Sermons, Lenker Series
Book of Concord Selections
Martin Chemnitz Press Books

Norma A. Boeckler Author's Page

Pastor Gregory L. Jackson's Author's Page
WWG1WGA

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4


Monday, August 1, 2016

Jessica Walliser's List of Plants That Support Beneficial Insects



From Jessical Walliser's blog post:


  • Achillea millefolium – yarrow
  • Ammi majus – laceflower
  • Anethum graveolens – dill
  • Angelica species – angelica
  • Baccharis species – baccharis
  • Boltonia asteroides – boltonia
  • Coreopsis species – tickseed
  • Cosmos bipinnatus – cosmos
  • Eriogonum species – native buckwheat
  • Eupatorium perfoliatum – common boneset
  • Helianthus annuus – sunflower
  • Leucanthemum x superbum – shasta daisy
  • Labularia maritima – sweet alyssum
  • Phacelia tanacetifolia – lacy phacelia
  • Pycnanthemum species – mountain mint
  • Ratibida pinnata – praire coneflower
  • Rudbeckia species – black-eyed Susans
  • Solidago species – goldenrod
  • Spirea alba – meadowsweet
  • Symphyotrichum species – hardy aster
  • Veronicastrum virginicum – Culver’s root
  • Zizia aurea – golden Alexanders
  • Zizia aptera – heartleaf Alexanders
In addition to planting these plants, always allow your garden to stand through the winter months so beneficial insects have a place to overwinter. Check out this post for more reasons why you shouldn’t clean up your garden in the fall.
***
Toads do no like poisons either,
but they love to eat insects and slugs.

GJ - Only 1% of all insect species are considered pests. The remaining 99% are neutral or beneficial. If we use insecticide in the garden, we knock out everything, including the spiders - but the pests come back quickly enough.

Harry Butte - the Tachinid Fly
lays eggs that produce aphid eating maggots.