Saturday, January 2, 2010

Fruit of the Stealth Mission




KJV Matthew 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits.
Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Valleskey said "Yes!" and this is the result.

I. J. Reilly has left a new comment on your post "Hymns and Music":

At first I wondered how emotion could possibly be removed from music as raklatt suggests in his post. Then I listened to Insurance Salesman Jackson try to sing in one of his "services" and I perfectly understood how it could be done. Bravo for showing us the way, GJ!

***

GJ - This fake-named person has been sending his peevish comments on a regular basis for a long time. He finally revealed he is a member of Ski's The CORE, fastest money-gulping operation in the Wisconsin Synod. Why did he join? Because Ski's coolness caused the son to want to come back (shoes and rock being the Means of Grace).

Animated by hostility toward Lutheran doctrine, this person wastes his time observing that I cannot sing well. What a revelation. And yet I sing the great hymns anyway, the best I can. Paul qualification for pastors is that they be found faithful, not tuneful.

When I look at the Bethany blog map, I see the globe lit up up with people who are reading the sermons, many of them copied and sent to others. Meanwhile, people have free services (no secret passwords, unlike some WELS churches) to watch live and to watch recorded, plus adult studies - live and recorded.

After burning more than $20,000 per month,The CORE Lutheran Church has reached how many non-WELS members? How long will that continue before someone pulls the plug on the funding?

We know that WELS members have left one local church for The CORE. Is this considered a vital mission in Fox Valley, transferring members?

Ichabod has been successful in getting the Shrinker faction reading about Lutheran doctrine on a daily basis. Bad news, Stetzer fans - WELS and ELS members appreciate the blog. Worse news - clergy thank me personally for the blog.

The highest accolade is the way web information is locked down and changed after being exposed in Ichabod.

  1. WELS Pastor Tim Glende no longer makes his gawking, bug-eyed pose with Katy Perry ("Ur So Gay" and "I Kissed a Girl") available from a Facebook search. In fact, Tim Glende has closed off the general Facebook search altogether.
  2. WELS first successful stealth congregation, Crossroads Evangelical Covenant Church (? ! ?) in S. Lyons, Michigan, no longer thanks WELS pastors Miller, Freier, and Voigt for getting them going. Who got to you, Pastor Joe?
  3. Church and Change has the same bad spelling and the November 2009 conference announced on its main page - my biggest failure.
  4. Pastor Rick in Corona, California, erased his disastrous offering figures and his gushing Leonard Sweet comments a few hours after I posted my shock at both.
  5. Pastor Mark Walters, a regular at Chicanery conferences, threatened to shut down Ichabod, but changed his mind soon after.
  6. Joe Krohn, another Chicanery conference regular, and promiscuous poster on the not-so-secret Chicanery listserve, started another feeble blog or two. Someone has to defend false doctrine - why not Joe?
  7. Tim Felt-Needs, blogger for Victory Cinema and Soccer Camp, has joined the battle with more copycat posts. Creativity is not a strongpoint among the WELS Shrinkers.

NKJ Proverbs 7:22 Immediately he went after her, as an ox goes to the slaughter,
Or as a fool to the correction of the stocks.

---

Brett Meyer has left a new comment on your post "Fruit of the Stealth Mission":

Reilly's fondness for the Emergent Church has the same origins as this Luther Qwest UOJ promoter:

Posted by Dr. Erich Heidenreich on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 -
12:00 pm:
"Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
I have returned from my long silence here on LQ to offer to
everyone my sincere apologies, and to recant and repent of my long-time arguments regarding Objective Justification. I have studied much since our last marathon thread!
Please forgive me for my errors. I pray that my words did not lead
anyone else into error. I identify my error as stemming from
unconsiously troubling myself and others about what remains the
secret counsel of God, trying to solve the mystery of election -
"why some and not others?" Studying FC XI again in depth was
especially helpful in ending my sinful search for the answer.
Then, in dealing for weeks with a loved one who was despairing
due to the weight of the law and doubt over her own faith, I saw
the true necessity and beauty of Objective Justification, though I
never used the term. The objective truth of Christ's universal
forgiveness has lifted the veil of tears from her eyes and given the
peace the passes all understanding.
Finally, I desire to thank all of you, but especially Pr. Rolf Preus for his tireless correction of my errors here on LQ. Without his patient teaching, and that of my own wonderful pastor, Rev. Roger James, I would still be in grave error and not have had the true doctrine to offer to this loved one. Thank you, Pr. Preus, for staying true to the pure doctrine of the Word! The Righteousness of Christ is objectively imputed to all people. I say that now without hesitation.
Sincerely,
Erich"

Erich's relative was struggling with unbelief. In steps UOJ which grants forgivness without faith - without the Holy Spirit's faith.

2 Cor. 13:5, "Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?"

Reilly reminds me of the mother who rejoices that her kids eat jelly beans and pop tarts at each meal because they had refused meat and vegetables before.
Baptist decision theology is poison.

***

GJ - Heidenreich's conversion from justification by faith to Pietistic UOJ was sad to witness:

Thank you, Pr. Preus, for staying true to the pure doctrine of the Word! The Righteousness of Christ is objectively imputed to all people.

Robert Preus' final book makes it very clear that the righteousness of Christ is NOT imputed to all people.


---

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Fruit of the Stealth Mission":

"After burning more than $20,000 per month,The CORE Lutheran Church has reached how many non-WELS members? How long will that continue before someone pulls the plug on the funding?"

What outreach? I do not care what you do when you sit back and wait for others to find your church. It is not outreach.

Is traveling to one conference after another outreach? No

Are weekly sermons in your church outreach? No

CORE despises doing outreach the way Christ did, and refuses to do it.

***

GJ - The Gospel Promises are always effective, because they are either sustaining faith, creating faith, or hardening hearts (as evidenced by Mormon and JW missionaries responding in hatred). Aping modern culture does not sustain or promote faith. "The church that marries the spirit of this age will find herself a widow in the Age To Come." I quoted that in Liberalism, Its Cause and Cure.