Thursday, December 3, 2009

Busta Gut's All Growed Up






Subject: [church_and_change] event technology
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 4:57:46
From: hungry_jimmy
To:



Hey everyone,

I'm interested in starting a database of WELS event technicians. We techs are being called upon more and more to serve our Lord in worship services, concerts, plays/musicals, etc. For starters, I'm thinking to include those who have worked in live sound reinforcement, live video production (broadcast or projection), presentation software, stage lighting, worship space conversions (setup/takedown in gymnasiums etc.) and pretty much any stagecraft.

I have not seen any other WELS forum in which to gather event technicians together, so here it is. Let me know if you have any ideas on how to do this or how we might support each other, even with training. I have created a group on Facebook, but am keeping it hidden and dormant until the right time.

If you are an event technician, even if only volunteering occasionally at your church, then please make yourselves known.

About me: I live near Phoenix, Arizona, and I've worked well over 1000 events as a live sound reinforcement tech (day job). In the WELS, I've run sound for a Church & Change concert, a few Camp Phillip Family Fests, the Wisc Luth Chapel & Student Center campus ministry in Madison WI, Corban Creek Band 2005 Farewell Tour Northwest/Midwest USA, CrossWalk Church in Phoenix AZ, Koine's 2009 Arizona mini-tour, and others. I have an A.S. in Electronics Engineering Technology and spent my first 3 years of college at MLC in a double major of Elementary Ed and Secondary Science.

Alrighty, God's blessings to you. Maybe I'll see some of you in December if it works out to come up to WI to run sound for Koine's string of Christmas shows. (I have a job interview here in Phoenix and don't know what will happen yet.) Feel free to call me. We LSR guys need to stick together!

~jimmy holub
608.347.8525