Sunday, December 27, 2009

Some Readers Like What They Find




Even if the man is known as a false teacher, "Everyone knows he's harmless."
 

 


Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Wolves in Sheep's Clothing - Trinity 8":

"The first effort in defending false teachers has always been, in my experience, “But he is a nice guy.” That is consistent with Matthew 7 and Romans 16. False teachers always wear several layers of fleece to hide the claws and slavering fangs. No matter how thick the woolies, the claws and fangs come out sooner or later. The nice guys are only nice on the surface."

Wow. I'm plowing through the archives here and learning a lot. I was absent from LCMS for 30 yrs, had a big confrontation with my pastor. I asked for the whole gospel and that nice guy went ballistic on me. He's so nice the old ladies talk about him like he's their first born male child. Nobody believed me.

I still don't understand why he got so ticked at me.

Great stuff here. Thanks.