Friday, June 10, 2011

LPC Answers Acey 5

The name Acey Five reminds me of Johnny Five in "Short Circuit," a fun movie.


LPC has left a new comment on your post "Teaching the Gospel Means Rejecting False Doctrine...":

AC V,

I just want to clarify, I do not mind people crossing themselves. I just refuse to cross myself in the same spirit when I was a Romanist.

As I said, it has become a folk belief amongst Romanists that by crossing yourself several times, not just once, it is taught to gain favor with God. To some it has become a form of sacrifice such that they cross themselves several times and they only stop when they have felt that their crossing has been accepted by God. Hence, they have used it as a form of penance.

When you have been taught that you can pay for your sins, guess what, you will use almost anything as a form of payment.

LPC

***

GJ - There is a book about this: Catholic, Lutheran, Protestant.