Monday, October 5, 2009

Michigan District and Spriggs - Church Growth? - Say It Ain't So, Joe


Martin Luther Spriggs, ex-WELS pastor, Willow Creek Fan

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "The CORE - Say No More":

I did not know where to post this but this is FYI:

The Michigan District Commission of Evangelism will present a seminar on Saturday, October 24th, beginning at 10:00 AM at Beautiful Savior, Cincinnati. The title for the seminar is "Reaching Out In a Digital World." The seminar has been prepared by Martin Spriggs, our synod's chief technology officer. The purpose of the seminar will be to help congregations:
* Recognize and understand the many technological tools available for use in outreach.
* Develop a plan to use the most appropriate digital tools to spread the Gospel.
* Mobilize congregational members to use digital tools for personal evangelism.
* Determine clear goals for outreach using the tools of today.

This smells like church and change to me. 

***

GJ - Here are a few hints:
  1. Spriggs gave Willow Creek sermons verbatim, 25 years ago. His pastoral service was not listed in his WELS.net bio the last time I looked.

  2. When Eastcoast insisted to me that Gurgle had disbanded Church and Chicanery completely - "gone, dissolved, scattered to the wind" - I asked, "Then why is their next conference linked on the WELS.net website? I am sure Spriggs would know why. Gurgle's candidate for SP is Don Patterson, so Gurgle is to Patterson as Bohlmann was to Kieschnick.

  3. Anything from "Evangelism" in WELS, ELS, LCMS, ELCA, and CLC is Church Shrinkage.

  4. Anything from American or world missions in those groups is Church Shrinkage.

  5. Their periodicals promote Church Shrinkage.

  6. One WELS pastor said, in print, that the crypto-Calvinists are no longer crypto. They are running the show. If SP Schroeder is supported, that can change, but it is a long haul, especially when the Good Ol' Boy network, cemented by GA abuse, is involved.
I am surprised they did not invite me to teach this technology seminary. I am a certified web designer. I can Photoshop - ask Kudu Don Patterson. I have created many blogs and taught various businesses and professionals how to blog. Oh - I know. I never went to Fuller Seminary, and I only went to Willow Crick once.