Monday, November 23, 2009

Goodbye, Columbus




Wizard of Oz: "A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others." 

Mark Jeske, "fifth generation WELS," was prepared to move into the Columbus, Ohio media market. Unfortunately for him, the Columbus WELS pastors are united in blocking him. I do not know what effect this will have on Jeske's media empire, perhaps none. But it is significant that Pastor Snowden Sims, now at St. Paul German Village, is part of the group opposing Jeske. Sims' home church is St. Marcus, Milwaukee.



---

More shrinkage, thanks to the Church Shrinkage Movement in WELS:

------------------- P O S I T I O N  -  E L I M I N A T E D -------------------
Buch, Mr Nathan M - St John's - Dowagiac MI - 06/30/2010
Monday, Mr Andrew J - St John - Newark DE - 06/30/2010
Treder, Miss Amanda C - St John's - Dowagiac MI - 06/30/2010

------------------- P O S I T I O N -  E L I M I N A T E D -------------------
Ehrenberg, Miss Amanda B - St Thomas Luth School - Goodyear AZ- 11/06/2009
Virant, Mrs Jodi L - Gloria Dei - Grand Blanc MI - 11/30/2009
Nommensen, Mr Bradley A - Immanuel - Waupaca WI - 05/31/2010
Nottling, Miss Rachel A - Peace - Otsego MI - 06/30/2010

----------------------- C A L L T E R M I N A T E D ----------------------
Pappenfuss, Mr Paul E - New Salem - Sebewaing MI - 06/30/2010

------------------ P O S I T I O N  - E L I M I N A T E D -------------------
Thompson, Rev Donald L - Shepherd Of The Palms - Jupiter FL - 12/31/2009

------------------- P O S I T I O N  - E L I M I N A T E D -------------------
Baumann, Rev John C - Mt Olive Chinese Ch - Saint Paul MN - 09/16/2009
Balge, Rev Jonathan R - MLC - New Ulm MN - 06/30/2010

------------------------ C A L L S - A C C E P T E D -----------------------
Witte, Rev Steven L - Asia Lutheran Seminary Board - 07/24/2009 - Vice President.

***
GJ - Isn't Witte one of the prime architects of Church and Change? Did he not get a DMin from Gordon Conwell? Wasn't he a leader of the Appleton Dumbling Gang? He must be thankful that Engelbrecht is DP for the Anything Goes District of WELS.