Friday, May 7, 2010

Rolf Preus ACLC Divorce Revealed


Norman Teigen, left, shook hands with Rolf Preus, right. The Preus clan has close ties with the ELS and Bethany.



Rolf Preus, son of Robert, son of Jake the Governor of Minnesota:

What I find very interesting – and telling – is your assumption that I would be drawn to a group like ELDoNA. Here you display a bias common among W/ELSians. You assume that since I reject the formless W/ELSian teaching, I must be in favor of episcopacy! I don’t imagine you know much more about ELDoNA than the fact that they have a bishop who wears a pretty purple shirt!

Let me clue you in, Mr. Ames. The ACLC did not break off fellowship talks with ELDoNA. ELDoNA broke off fellowship talks with us. Why? Because of my paper, “Making a Clear Confession in Muddy Waters,” that I gave in January of 2009. ELDoNA took strong exception to my insistence that there are indeed orthodox pastors and congregations in the LCMS with whom we may express altar and pulpit fellowship without insisting that they first either condemn or leave the LCMS. I was the impediment to the ACLC and ELDoNA establishing fellowship with each other.

I resigned from the ACLC in March. The ACLC declared fellowship with ELDoNA at their meeting in April. Once I was gone, the impediment was removed.

I will not mark and avoid orthodox brothers and sisters who happen to belong to the LCMS. I will not mark and avoid W/ELSians, either. Holding to foolish opinions in ignorance doesn’t necessarily mark one as a manifestly impenitent errorist. Ignorance and bullheadedness are not sufficient reason to mark and avoid.

***

GJ - Harrison's election will re-define the LCMS, which will leave Pope John the Malefactor as the last remaining Shrinker Synod Conference head.

Kieschnick keeps shooting himself in the foot. The sale of KFUO was a sore spot in Missouri, and now the deal is settled - so it seems.

Another issue is Kieschnick suing the pants off four little old ladies in California, trying to take their church property from them.

Kieschnick is the Barney Fife of Lutherdom.

Here is some history of the ACLC, with gaps and bad spelling.