Friday, May 27, 2011

Blame It on the Wauwatosa
The Sect of Love


Northwest SD Lutheran has left a new comment on your post "WELS Advice - "Write a Letter" - Will Get Y'all E...":

Legalism and Bravado of Orthodoxy! I had to highlight that. This is one of the reasons why WELS should no longer say they are Lutheran. That statement alone says it right there. It seems as if Patterson and whoever the so called scholar is that wrote the paper have decided that orthodoxy is some sort of sin.To them Orthodoxy is is sin because it is making claims that are Scriptural and doctrinal and not modernistic in theological application. I left the WELS four years ago because of the non doctrinal, hyper emotional, false teaching and stench that was in a place that it should not have been my church. Of course the LCMS is still a cause of worry because nothing for sure is there as some of the rot in the LCMS is still being allowed to teach, preach etc. I have always wanted to be Lutheran and nothing else and these people keep wanting to feed me garbage in my church. To be honest, they are the ones who should be thrown out not those who hold to the Scriptures and Confessions This will be a long time coming if it ever happens and that is partially because of a Scripturally and doctrinally ignorant laity.

***

GJ - The attitude you addressed, NW, seems to come directly from Wauwatosa. I published some quotations from their material. I will have to gather some for the doctrinal (as in bad) graphics.