Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Can LutherQueasy Be Read As Pure Comedy?
Sure!

Considerable thought goes into each LutherQueasy post.
Spelling and grammar do not count.




Timothy Blank (Timothyblank)
Intermediate Member
Username: Timothyblank

Post Number: 428
Registered: 11-2004

Posted on Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 12:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post


Mike,
Indeed, I too hope he realizes his error. Jackson is a very intelligent man with so much potential for good, but he refuses (sic) read Scripture, Luther, the Confessions, and our Lutheran fathers in their clear testimony concerning Christ's objective work on the cross.

Pastor McCain,
I have agreed with the substance of what you have said, but I think you would be well to refrain from making mention of Jackson's deceased daughter. Whatever the reason for his naming his internet congregation "Bethany," I think we must stick to calling him out for his doctrinal deviations.

***

GJ - Since Thy Strong Word is available free on Lulu.com, Blank has no excuse for his silliness.

TSW is the only book where all the UOJ quotations are gathered together, as well as the clear refutations of that Pietistic pratfall. Studying both sides of the issues, plus the Biblical texts in Hebrew and Greek - that is called research.

This is top secret--shhh--a Preus is using TSW in his effort to prove UOJ is in the Book of Concord. Why would a Preus use my book? Because no one else has spent years gathering everything into a database and printing it so conveniently - with all the citation material.

I think I had 1500 quotations, so many that I had to number them as I used them, to keep from repeating myself.

I published Blank's odious essay, because I am not afraid of doctrinal error brought out into the open.

The UOJ Stormtroopers argue their side of the issue, with their talking points endlessly repeated, never dealing with the material that obliterates their fantasies.

Notice how they present opposition to their error? They put everything into quotation marks. Robert Preus' repudiation of UOJ is clear in Justification and Rome, so they put repudiation in quotation marks without supporting their contention.

I like calling attention to LQ fulminations, because laity have to deal with similar efforts in various synods. See Joe Krohn's experience. He raised some issues and found himself excommunicated by the District VP, Don Patterson, a man groomed for years to be the District Doctrinal Pussycat.

Notice the content of Blank's advice. "Whatever the reason" suggests that my own description of the naming of Bethany Lutheran Church may be questionable. McCain was not there and he clearly lied, then called his version "sick."

McCain is the one who lied about his associations with Herman Otten. He denied up and down that he covertly sent Otten the materials from Barry, so they would appear like magic in Christian News the moment they came out in Iowa. Otten has the correspondence between Pope Paul the Unlearned and his tabloid. Perhaps it is time to examine what was said and when.

As I wrote before, Otten bragged to me that McCain was working secretly with him. McCain boasted to me that he was working secretly with Otten. When McCain got his reward, a high-paying job under Barry, he told me to keep it a secret from Otten. When Otten told me about McCain's job, I said, "I know. He told me. And he told me not to tell you."

Otten actually thought he had an ally working for him at the Purple Palace. I wonder what lies were told him to make him think that.

Missing too from McCain's oh-so-informative posts are such facts as this:
1. He wrote me from his Iowa parish, praising my articles in Christian News.
2. He asked me to review the Marquart book on the Church. When my review appeared in Christian News, which is what McCain wanted. the book sold like hotcakes.
3. McCain also agreed to review my book, Liberalism, which he praised. The review was in Christian News.
4. McCain invited me to visit at the Purple Palace. I believe we also had a lunch together. I brought up insurance once, and he claimed to have $1 million in coverage already. That was the end of discussing the matter. He lied (surprise!) about that too. But why not? He lied to Otten, lied about Otten, and blew a fuse when I said Barry was soft on CG.