Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Open versus Closed Discussions:
Hate-Filled UOJ Fanatics Hate the Truth

Martin Luther - a new theologian to study - for Mequon graduates.

Pope Paul the Plagiarist says that I rob people of the comfort of forgiveness without faith. Lenski used to call that "carnal security." If I have robbed the poorly taught of their carnal security, I am pleased.

The UOJ Enthusiasts have been trying to silence me for many years, even though I have no position to threaten them, no money to give or deny.

In contrast, I want people to study the crafts and assaults of McCain, Cascione, Werning, Olson, Kelm, Valleskey, and Moldstad. The only way to defeat false doctrine is to know their weapons, take away those weapons, and throw the Gospel down in defeat. And bounce the rubble.

UOJ leaders hate discussion, unlike the Means of Grace people. I am thankful that the obdurate ignorance and false claims of the crypto-Universalists have gotten me into a study of the post-Reformation era. P. Leyser? I knew who he was. I used to own his edition of the Examination of the Council of Trent, in Latin. The book is now in a secure, undisclosed location. 

But I did not know anything about Leyser. He was chosen as an expert on justification by faith early in his career. He was an editor of the Book of Concord, 1580. And he demolished the UOJ of Samuel Huber. Note - there were conferences on justification during and after the Reformation. Those conferences led to the superb discussion of The Righteousness of Faith in the Formula of Concord.



This is how sad and sick Lutherdom has become - most Lutheran pastors and few Lutheran leaders have any grasp of the Formula of Concord. 

Lutherans have never been afraid of study and discussion. Papalists hate study and discussion.