Sunday, August 17, 2014

Harvested Beans Yesterday


Our fence garden is now a riot of vines and blooms. I picked a large handful of beans for Mrs. Ichabod. Several things will provide a daily supply. When I harvest them, they tend to bloom and produce again. Secondly, I planted them at three different times. Finally, I keep them watered, since rainstorms are over-promised in Springdale.

Many gourds are forming now. The flowers close up when they begin to produce. The dried flower turns into a tiny gourd, then quickly changes over to a hanging gourd acquiring the colors of a mature gourd.

The roses for today's service are exquisite. Some slow-growing hybrid teas are producing mature blooms, with a wide range of colors. Pruning has made them grow taller, so the big purple rose was reaching five feet tall when I cut the stem for our non-gardening neighbor.

I published a listing of WELS blogs, which prove that the sect is reaping what has been sown for decades. The weed seeds have created a lush, sterile, and dying garden of woes. They need some gardeners and Creationists at their headquarters.

One borage plant has six flowering heads like this.