Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Travels with Sassy Sue - Our Three-Legged Wonderdog

Sassy waits like this when I stop at a store.
The window is always open and she makes friends with people walking by.

Mrs. Ichabod was speaking to a saleswoman at Bonworth and mentioned Sassy. The woman said, "I know them. They walk by my house all the time."

In fact, Sassy chose to walk down her street time after time. Sassy likes heading south on those very quiet streets that branch off Scott, the street parallel to Elm Springs Road, the main East-West thoroughfare.

So we drove down that street - after many conversations at the store - and the saleswoman jumped in the car with her son to come over for a visit.

We had a good time, but needed to take Sassy along for the ride back. Mother and young son got in the back seat, which was half filled with trunk storage. The trunk itself was full of mulch. Mrs. I sat in the front. I got Sassy into the back seat, but what did I see when I opened my door to drive?

Sassy took over in the driver's seat, where she had the most room. Everyone laughed and laughed, the boy especially.

Sassy is very friendly with several cats,
but loves to send one black cat up the tree or on the roof.