Saturday, August 24, 2019

The Objective Justification Peanut Grinder

The grinder was used at Melo Cream was roasted peanuts and graham crackers. The grinder's finish was silvery.  The gears inside meshed to grind the ingredients into small bits for donut toppings.

One Gear - Mainline Apostasy against Faith

Hello Pastor Greg,


I am on page 14 of The Path to Understanding Justification and already I see what is wrong with most dogmatic books. Truly it has angered me how Justification is viewed as stated in Confessing the Gospel  "faith cannot be a cause of one‘s justification."

Thank you for this book.

All the best and blessings

In Christ

----

GJ - Yes, they start with a philosophical construct and use Scripture dishonestly in their circular reasoning.

They do not derive doctrine from Scripture but use philosophy to make up stuff or enforce their old dogmas.

In Christ,


Pastor Jackson

----

Another Gear - Deliberate, Bad Translations

Hello,

I am currently reading your book The Path to Understanding Justification. What I keep seeing is the changing of the genitive case. It really bothers me. And the one that bothers me the most is Romans 10:17. My church unfortunately uses the NIV and when my pastor read it out loud I immediately knew something was wrong. That verse does not say “words about Christ.” I went home and pulled it up in the Greek. My Greek may be elementary, but I know the genitive case when I see it. And now I am reading your book, and I am seeing this misuse again. It really frustrates me.

Anyway, I am enjoying the book. Thank you!

Romans 10:17 New International Version (NIV)


17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.


Romans 10:17 King James Version (KJV)

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

ΠΡΟΣ ΡΩΜΑΙΟΥΣ 10:17 1550 Stephanus New Testament (TR1550)

17 αρα η πιστις εξ ακοης η δε ακοη δια ρηματος θεου

In the context of Romans 10, ακοη (hearing) really means hearing the Report, Paul's cited Gospel of Isaiah 53, or one could say by implication - faith comes from preaching the Isaiah 53 Report. 
Faith from the Report, the Report from the Word of God (Isaiah 53).
The anatomy of forgiveness and salvation is summarized as faith coming from the preached Word of God.



A Third Gear - The Calvinist Claw Machine

Where would the Calvinists and OJists be without their Claw Machine?

The pluck a verse or just a phrase from the Bible and build their Tower of Babel on it - or a few others.

That is why a careful exegesis of the passages sends the Objective Justification Hive into a storm of philosophical quotes. They have no weapon to defeat the Word of God, so they depend on the words of men.