Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Hymn Graphics on DropBox

Use this link for the DropBox folder of hymn graphics.



I have uploaded all my hymn graphics to DropBox - most of them from Norma Boeckler - because some people would like access to them for their media work.

If you have DropBox, the additions on my side should show up in your folder. Send me your email if you want me to invite you to join the free service. I get a bonus in space that way, if the offer is still on.

I have some thoughts about gathering the lyrics and some graphics for the truly great hymns in The Lutheran Hymnal. There are no formal plans yet, but it could be fun to make a book and PDF.

The Bethany Luthean Hymnal Blog serves as a database, so gathering the lyrics and grouping them would be relatively easy. I was thinking of having all Luther, Gerhardt, Melanchthon, Loy, in groups. I might group some seasons, such as best Easter, etc.

I think the number of TLH hymns has made us (or me) use the most familiar hymns and bypass ones we think no one knows or no one wants to sing. 

We have had a very positive response to using The Bethany Luthean Hymnal Blog - more requests, more enjoyment of hymns, more selections of beautiful hymns neglected previously.