Tuesday, July 6, 2021

No One Clothed in Purple and Scarlet Will Enjoy This Dream

 "Fuller has a new program for us and Thrivent is paying!"

Long ago I sent around the parish newsletter, which included people I knew at the NYC headquarters, a mansion formerly owned by JP Morgan, as I recall. I wrote about a dream I invented, where all the district bishops and headquarters staff woke up and said, "What have we done?"

The remedy I suggested was listening to the membership and getting back to the basics of worship rather than "redeeming our society" a Holy Communion prayer in the Liberal Book of Weirdness. They had all the statistics that have come true 40 years later, and yet all they did was more of the same.

The LCA officials in New York loved the piece and passed it around. When most of the staff are lickspittles, they cannot be expected to think, except for "When is my next promotion." Or - "How do I stay at the top?"

I remembered that while gardening and dealing with weeds, which flourish in good soil, sunshine, and abundant rain. Strangely enough, while Missouri and WELS were boasting about how good and pure they were, they were planning insurance and foundation events that would keep them close to ALC/LCA then ELCA. Nothing is too wrong, perverted, or radical to keep the Synodical Conference from begging for more.


"You know, Brunhilda. I don't feel so fat now that Matt has caught up with us.
He speaks our language."