Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Vimeo Breakthrough - Live on the Blog

Vimeo self-taught

The big challenge with Vimeo has been to get the live signal out there so everyone can see it live and go back for saved videos when they want them. We have easily saved videos to a YouTube channel, and to one or two Facebook pages. 

Alec Satin offered to watch while I tried it live, and I found some very basic instructions on Vimeo for the live version. I felt like a kid with a new train set and directions that worked.

The "player" - as they call the code - can be copied and pasted on a location, like this blog. When it is done being live and rated (all audiences), the same video can be sent to social media sites. I will do this soon, so everyone can see it.

I was asked about using Instagram, and I will look into whether a link will do the job there. In some cases, it depends on the way the social media site is put together. 

I tried putting the player code on a new Ichabod post (with Chemnitz pictured) and that worked well. I appeared live with a slight delay and the sound was good. 

I suggest not going to Vimeo for the live version, though it will be there at the bottom of the list (most likely). No, I can't stop you! 

I plan to move the videos into folders for neatness. Some are trial talks. Others are the whole service. Still others are midweek. I can edit the pictures and titles, so I will do that.

So tomorrow night for Mid-Week Advent and Sundays - go here for the top post and the service.

This has a lot of potential for lectures, which I can do at any time and put into related folders.


"We'll have this purring like a kitten in no time."