Saturday, March 12, 2022

Impossibly Good Soup

 

This will revolutionize anyone's grasp of nutrition.


 Somebody - send this to Matt the Fatt in a plain brown wrapper. I consider this a faster read and 
more concise version of Eat To Live.

I was on the SAD (Standard American Diet) so long that I forgot what vegetables were like, delicious and satisfying.

Souped-up Vegetables

Dr. Fuhrman promotes greens, beans, fruit, and nuts. I tried microwaving some frozen vegetables, but the results were uneven. I changed to souped-up vegetables. Here is the approximate recipe, based on what I had yesterday:

  • Partial can of soup, with chicken and sausage
  • Frozen mushrooms
  • Frozen asparagus
  • Frozen mixed vegetables
  • Tomato paste
  • Frozen pearl onions 
  • Milled flaxseed
  • Almonds 
  • Tabasco sauce or black pepper

I slowly stirred this in a covered sauce pan, on the gas stove. I ate about half and saved the rest in the refrigerator for today.

The fast Fuhrman meal is - a large bowl of spinach, a tablespoon of milled flaxseed, a tiny bit of salad dressing, plus almonds and blueberries. I alternate almonds with walnuts.

I eat four or more servings of apples and oranges each day. 

Incomplete Protein Myth

We were told, falsely, that it was hard to build complete protein from eating plants alone. The body does the finishing part during digestion, including some recycling from the body in the intestines.

The Fats Group

We overdo the fats group, promoted by various nutrition experts hired by the fat group producers, far too much:

  1. Milk and cheese
  2. Meat and fish
  3. Eggs
  4. Fried foods 
  5. Gobs of salad dressing and "healthy" oils
I know the bakers-confectioners were upset when a cigarette company promoted, "Instead of a candy, I reached for a Lucky Strike. They got the company to pull the ad campaign. 

Sweets
The sugar group, which fed and clothed the Jackson kids, and helped me through college, are 
well represented by:
  1. Hard candies and chocolate
  2. Various types of gum
  3. Cakes and pies
  4. Soda pop
  5. Sugar-free, anything with artificial sweeteners, which have the same effect on the body as sugar, but without tasting good.
  6. Juices, which are like drinking maple syrup
Don't Tell Me God Created 
Vegetables This Way!
Fuhrman opened my sweets-blinded eyes by pointing out the remarkable volumes of nutrition found in vegetables. Since we do not and cannot eat the same vegetables all the time, the variety of foods we like will balance nutrition and slow down the digestion, since sugar and fats have instant unbalancing effects.

On Google, look up the "nutritional benefits of..." and add various foods. 
Asparagus is good for bones, low calorie.
Onions have chromium, which lowers blood sugar.
Mushrooms have Vitamin D.
Tomato paste is loaded with lycopene.
Almonds, blueberries, walnuts, and flaxseed are all good for the heart. Look it up!

 How many arms have held you

And hated to let you go?
How many, how many, I wonder
But I really don't want to know.
How many splits have kissed you
And set your mouth aglow?
How many, how many, I wonder
But I really don't want to know.
So always make me wonder
Always make me guess
And even, if I ask your
Weight-gain, don't confess.
Just let it remain your secret
But darling I love splits so
No wonder, no wonder, I wonder
Though I really don't want to know.

{No ice cream since December, OK?}