Wednesday, June 8, 2022

The Pamphlet - "We Still Believe" - Reveals a Horrible Secret - Denying Justification without Faith. Yes!


I commented on the brochure 9 years ago.
This is the link.

On a website of a church near us, I ran into the wording of my We Still Believe pamphlet, which I encouraged Lutheran pastors to use, if they wished. I did not ask to be named, paid, or honored in any way. I ran into a copy on the Lutheran website tonight, so I grew curious about it still being used.

The pamphlet was used in Columbus, Ohio, which has a large ELCA population, so it was aimed at those smarting from ELCA rationalism and apostasy. I copied it for Christian News and welcomed congregations to use the wording. Many different synods used it while condemning me, an endless source of amusement for me and Christina.

+++

We Still Believe - Pamphlet Reactions, 2008

That is almost exactly the We Believe Statement printed inside of Crossroads Worship Folder. Rachel

September 28, 2007 at 7:43 AM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interestingly, a quick google search shows that there are other WELS congregations and even a CELC congregation that also use this "Mission Statement".

Re Gregory Jackson, be aware that while some of what he writes is "good",
he does not believe in and is a very vocal opponent of objective or universal justification (which I suppose is one of the reasons that to my knowledge he is not in fellowship with any major (or even minor) Lutheran body). There are really good essays on the subject of objective justification by Prof. S. Becker, see, e.g., http://www.wlsessays.net/authors/B/BeckerUniversal/BeckerUniversal.PDF.

October 9, 2007 at 7:38 AM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This Statement is also on quite a number of CLC (Church of the Lutheran Confession) websites.


***