Tuesday, August 9, 2022

The Funny Little Robin.
Yes - Finishing the I AM Sermons from the Gospel of John

 







I have seven watering places for birds and critters, four in the backyard and three in the front. The third one, new, is a pipe that leads from the AC condenser drip to a clay bowl just below the patio.

During the drought, birds were very anxious to drink and bathe. This one combined desperation with skillful dodging. Robins tend to be anxious, so this one landed on the ground, far to my left but moving around, looking in my eyes for suggestions of human malice. She backed away and came toward me directly but retreated again. Then she went far over to the right and tentatively stepped up to the clay dish, solid and easy for her to perch. She looked anxiously at me one more time and dipped into the water. She was safe.

+++

I will begin regular additions to the I AM sermons in the Gospel of John, starting tonight. My teaching schedule is lower now and includes only the two classes I enjoy most - Old Testament Survey and How To Teach Online.