Saturday, March 18, 2023

Why the Masthead Sermon Quotations?


Nothing seems more ridiculous than gardening - when the work is being done. Yesterday I had a box of earthworm compost... You are laughing already. It was a big, heavy bag, so I slid it into a a large bucket to carry around the garden. 

I scooped the compost onto my recently dug bareroot roses. I was satisfied for the moment. Many would question my efforts, but I remember the dry autumn, when the crew was again digging in more daffodil bulbs, just as I did. Now there is a continuous blooming and new stems coming up every day. The newest efforts last fall meant bulbs rising up later in spring, and the older bulbs increasing their own blooms and coming up earlier from soil heaving. How many bulbs altogether? - hundreds. Daffodil bulbs multiply on their own, IF they are planted.



KJV 2 Corinthians 9:6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.

Our little group has no property, apart from a spare room in a rented house. The staff car is paid for, 20 years old. However, we sow the Gospel bountifully because money and property are sterile and provide nothing for eternal life. We scatter the Word because we know that gains make up for the losses, many times over.



Someone suggested a daily Bible or doctrinal quote, so the Luther sermon selections began. Another suggestion was putting the masthead quotes into the body of the blog so people could use RSS feeds, so that was added. I have used the Lenker Luther Sermons set for decades, and copy-pasting-publishing the quotations is a constant source of Biblical knowledge for me and others. Graphics of the sermon quotes torment the crypto-Calvinists in Lutherdom and embed the content in my long-term memory.

Norma A. Boeckler has her own free service of designing Biblical graphics for everyone to use and enjoy - all KJV quotations.

 

Appalled by another CPH "elephant laboring and giving birth to a mouse," we began our own blog-published Luther's Large Catechism

I am not overlooking the Lutheran Library Publishing Ministry, which consistently tops CPH on a Google search - and stands out as #1. That alone holds a wealth of free Lutheran material and quite a few low-cost print books.

The synodicals are not admitting this, but their glory-mongering about previous new buildings is now filling them with dread, nightmares, and mental paralysis. From the LCMS Purple Palace down to the latest WELS Martin Luther College fiasco, they must pay for their baubles. They placed their trust in a rich adulterer who destroyed his marriage. And where is the Little Schoolhouse on the Prairie (Bethany)?

Growing up as the heir to the Melo-Cream Donut fortune, I knew that overhead was and remains everything. My father loved to point at malls and say, "See those new stores? They have to pay high rent just to be in the mall. They have to spend a lot on overhead before they make a dime of profit. As soon as one drops out, another one moves in to lose their money." He would say today, "I told you!" because there are websites featuring photos and videos of so many malls closed all over the US. 

 Lenker Luther plus the Postils.

I send free books and free KJVs around because I enjoy spreading the effective Word and the Means of Grace.

One anonymous reader sent this  -

"I notice that they treat Jacob's much like they treat the King James. They say we just cannot read English from a 100 yrs ago. Maybe somebody should ask "Does 1 plus 1 equal 2? It did a 100 yrs ago. As far as I know still does."