Thursday, April 27, 2023

How the Pieces Fit Together - God Only Knows


Our own nutrition matches the wealth or poverty of the soil. Uncle Jim sent some earthworms, creatures (that is - created) that improve the soil.

When someone asks in a caustic tone, "Why do you have so have so many leaves left on your garden?" - I answer, "Why do I have so many roses?"


The soil must be tended or it becomes relatively useless, though weeds and roots will improve it over time. Earthworms are called shredders because they grind up organic matter - like dead leaves - and mix in their own calcium and nitrogen, usable forms and not harsh for our plants or noses. Earthworms also soften and stir the soil, creating channels for rain to penetrate deeper toward the roots. Meanwhile, the roots themselves provide soil loosening and organic matter. If earthworms had titles of nobility, Sir Mix -A-Lot would be an easy fit.

Our bodies are complicated dioramas of the garden. For the strangest reasons, we think that  our bodily combination of chemical and muscular engines, labs, computers, exhausts, and dynamos will work fine without good energy sources. The  individual parts, created and engineered (John 1:3) to work well together, do not suffer Fritos and Quarter Pounders gladly. 



Dr. Joel Fuhrman convinced me that greens, vegetables, nuts, and seeds were medicine. Imagine! I thought they were for eating (rarely), not for healing. However, when I switched to ordinary, inexpensive, fresh or frozen vegetables and fruits, a lot of my symptoms went away like magic. Blood sugar - back to normal. Blood pressure - reduced. Headaches - gone. Muscle aches - gone. Bad cholesterol - eliminated by walnuts. Weight down and energy up.

The pharmacy tech gave me an eye drops prescription and tried to interest me in various injections. She was impressed that I had only one prescription. I said, "That is why I am healthy - only one prescription." She caught onto that but pressed for injections. I said, "Don't worry, I have had every shot except distemper." She said, "Distemper?" And people trust her! I told her, "For dogs."

Blueberries are good for circulation, so I got some Puritans Pride pills that contained blueberry extract. Then I thought, "Fresh blueberries have to be better and more effective. They are low sugar, taste great, and cost very little." I used to give blueberries to the birds because I kept letting the berries get old. Now the birds have to rely on corn and fruit scraps.

Back to the Garden

The Creation Rose Garden is a microcosm of our own bodies. Anyone can start one with a small patch growing into a small paradise. The Schwan delivery lady said, "I love your garden, with everything mixed together." 

I let everything grow together, digging up or cutting away the excess, such as roses gone wild, obnoxious weeds, and dead plants. I also let wood rot into the soil, either with tree stumps or wood mulch.

When company gathers to enjoy the garden, shaded in the afternoon, bee balm is growing just off the modest patio, enhanced by hummingbird feeders and roses. Bees and birds will fly within inches to amuse reward us. Rabbits will stop by for a cameo and go deeper into the foliage. 

All the pieces fit together.

Go team!