Sunday, July 16, 2023

Mozart's Adante in C Major - Exquisite Musical Piece

 


Dayou Kim is an extraordinary talent. I found this by accident and cannot listen to it often enough.

I love the way she nods for the musicians to start and exhibits a slight, warm smile. As the experts say, this is a work which is not another fireworks display but one where each note on the piano is expressed with great beauty. 

The orchestra accompanying the young artist surrounds the tiny girl and provides all the supplemental music to make the piano music even more beautiful. 

I was forced to learn to play the flute and even worse - forced to learn from an excellent German tutor. I had to practice! I was in bands and orchestras, too. I was the only one of us four siblings who continued in music. 

I did not display much talent or enthusiasm, but I learned to love Bach and Mozart, Beethoven and many others. One friend responded to my enjoyment of Vivaldi - "Seven hundred pieces - all of them sounding the same." He never played the Goldfinch Concerto, poor soul.

I like pop music, not the garbage thrown at us today. No wonder pop "Christian music" is so dreary and annoying. We used to laugh about which popular new hymn was introduced in the latest Lutheran hymnal. Consider - the Liberal Book of Weirdness, LBW. "Lift high the cross" and "This is the fee-ee-ee-est of victory for our God." 

Great Christian hymns are directly related to classical music. The best hymns include a Christian message from the Scriptures and beautiful music to move that message into our souls.