Monday, September 25, 2023

Yale Divinity School - 50th Anniversary - The Gold Medal Class of 1973


YDS Chapel - below the hill was the congregation where I worked for the year.

Sterling Library is now even more glorious inside (no mouse-scented card catalogues.

 Harkness Bell Tower is perhaps a substitute for Gothic buildings.

I have the best memories of YDS and the students. Someone who attended later wrote to me, "You had the best professors. They were gone when I went there."

An official, paid guide for our anniversary gathering sent a poorly organized memory page to help make up the book. My only comment - "I am very disappointed in what YDS has become."

I have told others that I would not suggest even a 100% paid tuition for someone to attend now. To make things worse, they are completing an eco-planet- friendly new building that is already an eyesore.

Nils A. Dahl was my New Testament professor and the leader of his department, world known and highly regarded.

Ethics professor Paul Holmer was so good that I went back to take a summer course from him.