Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Creation Foods News

 

Apple tree - I had to grow into eating apples daily.



My pancreas warrantee expired, and I found out vegetables and fruit were exquisitely delicious.

I have dozens of Poke Berry plants (8 feet tall) in the backyard gardens. That is the favorite food of 61 species of birds - and it is freely planted, fruitful, and good for the soil, not a jack in the beanstalk wild thing like vines and thorns.
 

I finally defrosted the freezer, once the Ice Cream Deep Freezer (sob) and now vegetables only (yay!).

I decided to get plenty of my favorite frozen additions to the Creation Super Stew for the deep freezer.

I put in 

  • 4 chopped spinal
  • 4 chopped kale
  • 4 mushrooms
  • 4 onions/peppers.
  • I bought 18 cans of Cicero Beans aka Chick Peas aka raw humus with oil - not my cup of tea.
I did that because there are shortages on any given day.

The fruit allotment included
  • A large bag of Crisp apples.
  • Two bundles of bananas.
  • Two large packages of blueberries.
I got one package of sausages and 1 package of sausage slices.

I passed by chocolate, ice cream, candy, chips, popcorn, cookies, heavily salted nuts, frozen pizza, pre-cooked dinners, canned salt soup (YUK!), road-kill chicken, beef, etc.

At the Register - ALARM!

A Hispanic woman cashier said, "Are you going to eat all that?" She warned me against bananas, which are very healthy - with many nutritional benefits. The third world lives on the protein of their high fiber beans, and Walmart is often out of my favorite low salt Chick Peas, the cheapest vitamin source I have seen.

I filled the deep freezer logically (for once) and left the odd-ball frozen greens in the small freezer - collards, turnip greens, etc. Some things have to wait until there is room for my odd picks.

Sassy refused to sit next to Ronald McDonald by herself. I should have stayed away from fast foods, too.