Friday, October 25, 2024

I Renewed My Driver's License And We Have a P.O. Box

 







I am appalled that so many are wedded to their phones, because they miss out on what is going around them. People can get on a giant jet, pull down the shade, and sleep through the experience. I went to the Department of Motor Vehicles and had a good time with the momentary guests. The number gadget was not working properly, so the numbers stayed in it red Tupperware box. I looked at it, opened it up, and tore off my number. I kept my eye on it. 

Soon someone looked at it, gave up, and sat down. I took a few steps, opened the device, and tore off the next number for him. I said in mock gubmint tone, "No number! No business!" He thanked me several times and we laughed. He said, "That's true! Numbers." A very slight man, sitting nearby, cautiously looked into the magic red box. He took one number out and sat down. Soon a third person came by, stymied by the red box without lights or bossy orders. I told him, "I am the numbers supervisor. Open it up." He found his number and I said "Supervisor." The tiny, slender man from before said, "Yes! He is supervising." 



I found one of my favorite postal workers but he had to do something else. Two of my uncles were postal carriers, so I always liked them. They were always friendly and helpful.

I am not going to post our P. O. Box because so many abuse the mails. People are welcome to write me via the email address always on this blog's template. Remember - edlp - Every Day Low Prices. When I spell that for those answering computer questions, the laughter goes on and on.