Saturday, January 5, 2008

Osiander


Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Reasons for WELS-LCMS-ELS Apostasy":

Methinks you frequently stumble into a position that is dangerously close to Osiander, cf.

Try reading "The Fire and the Staff" by Klemet Preus for a clear explanation.

***

GJ - Note the dog-eared approach above. First of all, it is anonymous. How bizarre to call someone a false teacher anonymously! I post these things to show Ichabodians the state of the Lutheran Church.

Secondly, there is no foundation for the accusation. I can only look over Osiander and guess. Common courtesy would dictate a real name and some reasoning. Since nothing is cited on my side or from Osiander, I cannot respond.

I have not read Klement Preus. (I took his class in Persuasive Preaching at Concordia, Ft. Wayne.) Once again, no citation is provided for our edification. I do agree with his father's conclusions in Rome and Justification. I suggest Anonymous read Robert Preus and the Book of Concord.

I made it clear in Thy Strong Word that I disagree with UOJ for Biblical and confessional reasons. I also listed the Biblical passages and Book of Concord passages which support justification by faith alone.