Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Koeplin Essay Found! in the Ichabod Archives




Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "The Corky Koeplin Essay":

I grew up at Atonement and fondly recall Pastor Koeplin. I would love to read this essay if anyone can find the text somehwere. It shocks and saddens me that synod leaders would try to discredit this essay by claiming he was "brain damaged" when he wrote this - but I suppose it's easy to pick on dead men, what with them not being able to answer back and all.

***

Here is the text of the paper - Click here.

Note that the essay text is now at the top of the convention information.



---


Anonymous
has left a new comment on your post "Koeplin Essay Found! in the Ichabod Archives":

Corky's paper should be on the convention agenda.

***

GJ - I went to a WELS convention some years after I sent the Koeplin essay to Christian News for publication. Someone had removed the cover letter on top which said, "For circulation among the brothers only."

The convention began with a solemn declaration that no one could publish anything about the convention unless that individual had permission from the synod. Later, one pastor said to me, "Did you hear that announcement? That was because someone leaked the Koeplin essay to Christian News."

I said, "I know someone leaked it. I did."

"You did?"

Twitters, blogs, and email mean that this kind of information reaches people quickly. But people have to make an effort to stay informed.