Thursday, October 15, 2009

How Flies the Mud When I Post the Truth



Baby Buzz is not happy!
Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Mark Jeske Leads Joint WELS-LCMS Worship Service:S...":

Hey Jerkson. I'm sure that you will be reporting that Jeske was not the special guest speaker...oh wait, that would mean you would have to do some actual research and tell the truth.

---

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "How Flies the Mud When I Post the Truth":

Thank you for clearing it up with the link. You come through again with the proof!


[GJ - And the link was there in the beginning!]


***
GJ - Some people need to pay attention to the Mrs. Ichabod effect. Sometimes I have to dash off to a doctor's office, as I did this morning, because of a last-minute appointment. That gave me no time for the precision and proof I normally supply - making it obvious where the story came from. This morning was not a medical emergency but a chance to line up some doctors for her care.

So what happens? People want to charge me with making up a story and inventing information. Sure I play around with words. If that is too creative for you, go back to the Church and Change listserve. They are beastly earnest  (tierisch ernst, as the Germans say). Today I decided to use the strike-out feature to edit stories that really needed clarification. That way readers can see the original words and my improvement upon them.

Did I say this came from the Bethesda website? No. I am not clever enough to make up stories. I never went through GA, where the art of lying is embedded in future WELS pastors and parolees.

Here is the website source:





Watertown Daily Times (WDT for Mequon graduates).


Ahem. I think those who make charges should spend  a few seconds with Google. Placing about five words from a story into the search window will normally generate the source. But golly, it is so much funner to make anonymous comments and to write cranky emails to people who have no connection with Ichabod. Someone should have set down with me, held my hand, and told me my sin of making stuff up from the Bethesda release. That is the model they advocate. I would have enjoyed the chance to say, "Google the Watertown Daily site, lazybones."


Here is so more humorous perspective on the complainers. The actual link was embedded in the John Bauer tag below his photo. That is my normal practice, to link any story I kelm. So some ran off to the Bethesda site and said the Jeske info was not there. Now it is looking like Bethesda parlowed (hid relevant information). That reminds me of the Little Sect bragging about having a Roman Catholic bishop march in their religious procession and speak at their religious dedication service - Mankato Free Press, but write it up without the religious information in the school annual.

My normal practice is to kelm the entire article and photos from the source, since sources go away. I regret that I did not do this with Rick Johnson's Leonard Sweet book review and his offering information. He erased both overnight, whining that I published his published information about disastrous offerings. The Chicanery minders never rest, making up for when they slept on their Triglottas.