Martin Luther Sermons
Bethany Lutheran Hymnal Blog
Bethany Lutheran Church Sleepy Eye Assisted Living.
1100 1st Ave S. Apt 243. Sleepy Eye MN 56085-1863 Pastor Gregory Jackson, PhD USA, Canada, Australia, Philippines 10 AM Central - Sunday Service
We use The Lutheran Hymnal and the King James Version
Luther's Sermons: Lenker Edition
Click here for the latest YouTube Videos
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
At Least DP Benke Was Disciplined for a Time!
Narrow-minded Lutheran has left a new comment on your post "Prayed with a Priest and a Rabbi? But What Is the Punchline?...":
How many WELS people shook their heads in shame at Benke's unionistic and syncretistic Yankee Stadium performance? This is not to say that WELS is worse than Missouri, but they're no better; yet, many WELS people puff out their chests with pride while putting down the heterodox LCMS. They are just two peas in the ecumenistic Thrivent pod.
Also, I saw no mention of Word and Sacrament in the above "wish list." May I use the new vocab word, Methobapticostal, since the historical Lutheran liturgy is, "stiff, overly formal, unemotional, smotheringly doctrinal?" And there's that head vs. heart deal again. This is too sad to laugh at.
***
GJ - Icha-slang is adding to our rich heritage of English, so feel free to use Methobapticostal, which someone else offered on this blog.
I am always happy to kelm a good idea or word. But I do not hide its origin.
Labels:
Jeske Church and Change
