Monday, October 22, 2018

Join the Church of the Augsburg Confession - Unless You Are Already a Member

 I simply teach, preach, and publish Biblical doctrine and let the Word do its work.

I do not have any title, beyond Pastor and Professor, but I am a member of the largest group of Lutherans (I hope) - The Church of the Augsburg Confession.

Luther and the editors of the Book of Concord considered themselves "theologians of the Augsburg Confession," so I happily include myself in that group.

So we are pan-synodical, whether we worship in a European cathedral or "the spare room of a rented house," as the UOJ plagiarist expectorated in his now-dead blog.

As people know, I do not encourage people to join Bethany Lutheran Church, Springdale, unless they have no local church where they can enjoy the Means of Grace.

What normally happens is that people try various congregations in their area and find the churches are riddled with Fulleristic Barthism, blatant UOJ, and extreme parochialism.

If a pastor cannot form his lips to say Justification by Faith, I would have to wonder about his grasp of the Bible, Luther, and Creeds.

I chuckle when the UOJists rave that Justification by Faith (the forbidden phrase) is Pietism, Calvinism, or both. In fact, their cult is derived from Calvinism, a major influence in Pietism, OJ confessed without shame by Rambach the Pietist and amen-ed by Oh! Jay Webber.