Saturday, October 23, 2021

We Are Set Up for the Internet Broadcast Tomorrow at 10 AM Central Daylight Time

 


The Internet throws every indignity at a user. The software we used from the beginning became obsolete.

When I was trying to set up the laptop for the wedding in Seattle, Sassy was so sick we thought it might be over for her. She is 90% back now, very much helped by her resident nurse Dottie and the right meds. I have had short-term vertigo - rarely, but I never had a spell lasting more than a few hours.



IBM told me I took too long to log in tonight, so I had to phone to get on their site. Luckily, they are 24/7 for the help desk.

I spent an inordinate amount of time dealing with the former email program (which uses Gmail, so no change of address for me). I won't have the old email address list, but I can conjure up most of it from what the new one saved.

As you know, the bank and IBM and everything else depends on phones and email to protect our/their accounts. I could not get into IBM without my email address being live and standing at attention.

Now the long, dark tea-time of the soul is over, and the broadcast will be saved at the same location, converted for YouTube, etc. 

The genteel apostates at ALPB Online Forum are moaning about the loss of parishes and ministers but never mention the Means of Grace or the efficacy of the Word. America has largely avoided using free Internet services for their worship. Even with Covid, the response was threadbare. 

We had 12,918 views today on Ichabod, The Glory Has Departed.