Monday, December 27, 2021

Eureka! The Missing Link.

 "Give me a place to stand on, and I will move the earth." Archimedes did the bathtub sloshing and said "Eureka!" which is Greek for I have found it - not the tub - but the way to use buoyancy for testing.

I did not make the big leap into computer science, though I took a lot of courses in it and earned some certifications. Every day I use HTML coding and sometimes basic networking.

I tried to activate the library computer. Yes, it was plugged in. The problem was linking to the Net. One way did not work so I did some other things. 

One way to improve Vimeo is to use one computer alone for its labor. I imagine CPU power, RAM, and broadband all share in that. 

I set up the laptop using wireless to achieve some independence. Several things still intrude on perfection - slow upload, old laptop. Ozarks Go (fiber optic) was not available to soothe my nerves, so I watched some YouTube on the topic and tried something. 

My dream was to use the Christmas desktop for the hymns, doing that in the chapel and running the upload/download at around 800, separate from the Vimeo desktop.

I looked over the Ozarks GO router and found a Cat 5 jack (RJ45 to be precise) and ran the cord from there to the library.  The computer shook hands with the cable feed and told me I had the wrong phone number down. I don't mind being wrong, but being right and getting nowhere with a screen - ack! Soon I had it on the Drudge Report, which is my way to measure Left Wing hysterics. 

So it was a success. The next part is setting up the second chapel, its cat5, the computer and its screen. First I will set it up roughly and smooth out the details later this week. 

Another ingredient is the 4k video camera. 

 Name your favorite Bonar hymn.
No fair using the Bethany Lutheran Hymnal blog.