Monday, December 27, 2021

Luther Energized - Chapel Wired for Two Desk Tops


My task was to get separate fiber optic bandwidth into the chapel. The only thing left for the trials was - the 4K camera and tripod donated by a member. That is how we started out. While I was cogitating about doing online services, a camera and tripod arrived from Brett Meyer. 

I have been moving hardware around but not finishing the library. I got the Christmas computer working with the LG screen but no-go on the Internet. I had a router problem, the pop-up said. 

I found a spare router jack to run cat5 into the chapel, parallel to what we are using. Both chapel desktops now run on about 800 megs download and 900 upload (your experience may vary). The teaching/writing computer is separate; there are hard drive and Dropbox backups.

Tomorrow I will test drive the new camera. It comes down to having newer equipment for more speed and less bottlenecking. The laptop (Snowball - motto - "I will work harder") will be in the library for Wiki searches.

CCNA, CIW Associate, A+, Linux+, Net+, iNet+