Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Sassy Rescues Alaska Again, And We Do a Milk/Bank Run


I was walking Sassy a bit late this morning when a big black dog met me in the middle of the road (no traffic) and began hugging me. "Alaska! Are you out again? Let's go home."

Alaska, full of energy and love, loped in circles around me and came back to hug me some more.

"Come on Sass, Alaska has to go home. Alaska, I will be your advocate, your protector." Sassy was audibly annoyed and barked some displeasure.

We were close to the house, so I rang the bell, and out came one of the staff. He said, "Oh yeah, he took off running this morning."  Alaska went inside. They love Sassy, and I love Alaska and Atlas.

Once we got to the turn-around, Pat and John needed a lift to the bank and auto repair. We went back and got the Voyager and took them both places. I wanted some Walmart vegetables, so I got them the milk they needed.

The errand worked out well, and we came back. Sassy got lots of attention in the car, from petting where she lies down, between the front seats. When we drove onto some new streets for car repair estimates, Sassy spoke up with her special "I don't know where you are going" cracked bark. It is pitiful and sad -- and very handy for getting attention.