Sunday, October 2, 2022

The Sound and the Fury - Or - Signifying Something.
Back to Bose!

 

Iron Mike, no - Broadway Mike

Logitech Webcam - includes a built-in mike.

BZBK 4k HDMI camera - uses a remote - the lights in the house dim when I plug in the power. Just kidding.
 
PS - Bose speakers have been donated for the chapel and will be tested this week. They should carry a wider range of sound.

We had an improvement in sound today. The new HP computer and I had words over its rejection of any camera. I left it alone last night, to cool down. When I came back there was a timid looking box that finally said, "Do you want access to the camera?" Yes, I had tried that numerous ways. Did they think the camera was an accessory to dress up the chapel?

Perhaps we will do even better with the mike pictured and the HDMI camera. I will probably test it Monday.

Sound is a big issue. Some variables are:
1. The sound file used.
2. The way music comes into the broadcast by means of a sound bar.
3. The range of music and how it is conditioned by the computer equipment.

Home computers - 
A. I think reducing the RAM load could help. That is done by rebooting the computer - or using a hard drive cleaner software of all the excess RAM slowing the computer down. For example, after using a lot of RAM on my old office computer, I use C Cleaner (free version) so I can get onto the learning platforms. One refuses to let me in - until I clean the RAM or the history files.
B. More bandwidth must help. We have 900 megs up and down, so that is the max at this time. We have fiber optic and no TV.
C. Computers get old faster than we do. Refurbished, very good desktops can be bought for $400. The quality of the CPU makes a difference and so does the larger amounts of RAM. Do not buy Lenova computers or ones like Dell that have fallen in quality. I have had good luck with Hewlett Packard.

Post-Christmas sales are great for electronics. Cyber Monday and all that.

I know almost nothing about audio, and I am eager to learn. Don't be shy.

greg.jackson.edlp@gmail.com