Thursday, July 21, 2011

Mass Production at the WELS Worship Conference



2138 has left a new comment on your post "Wisconsin Sect Dirty Tricks":

In reference to the "observer":

Not a one of the Real/Relevant/Relational/Rock 'n' Roll/Changer is signed up for the conference, at least not the ones that are ballyhooed more than others. (Although an infamous name will show up at the final service on Friday...more at a later date...) So the conference is not so much for converting these guys back to "exciting correct and proper liturgical western rite worship" as it is for "preaching to the choir."

I myself enjoy the worship services, but know that with all the massive choirs and huge instrumental groups here, I will never be able to duplicate any of the musical experiences in my own humble congregation. But it's still nice to have some grand worship services every three years.

I agree that a conference such as this would probably not change any of the "leopards," even if they came. But I don't think you should fault a conference for not "fixing" the C&Cers, when they obviously aren't coming.

Just my two cents.

***

GJ - Lutherans have lost their nerve. Anything Goes is the motto for worship and doctrine, as long a no one rocks the rowboat. Every event like this is a smokescreen for the Shrinkers, and this one is hosted by one of the Church and Change leaders.