Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Hebrews Is the Most Colorful Book in the New Testament




Someone asked today, "Are you going to keep publishing so many posts?" One thing leads to another. Creating graphics for books, hymns, and Biblical passages is fun.

One FB friend just posted this comment: "Gregory, you are a rare gem to cite the artist! My art background has nourished my dislike for people using art without citation. Also, your graphics are nice confessions!"

Naturally, the UOJ/Shrinker crowd complains that I have made so many resources available from the same page. How cruel of me! They are not going to read anything, so why be so bitter?

I know - they do not want easy access for laity who ask pointed questions. Some laity shot down UOJ in a group meeting. All of them had read Thy Strong Word. DP Buchholz, who considers himself an expert on UOJ, had not read the free copy he received from Brett Meyer.

People would have to spend a lot of time finding all of the same works on the Net.

A full professor at the famous, conservative Hillsdale College thanked me for posting Galatians - with graphics. He takes students to England to study religion and literature.

Long ago I published quite a few UOJ essays, so people could peak inside the Holy of Holies, the WELS Essay Files. For many it was like picking up a rotten log and finding all those disgusting creatures of rot wiggling around. Like the UOJ Enthusiasts, the arthropods of rot do not like the light of day and quickly burrow into the soil.

The idea behind research is to show both sides. I have already found it easier to write sermons because of Luther at my fingertips, and I can cite the opposition as well.

When I need to wait during a doctor's visit, I bring along Luther's Sermons, (Lenke Edition), to study ahead. Today I found the great passage about John 3:16-21, which I posted with a graphic today.