Sunday, March 22, 2015

Readers' Comments

Some of you are addicted to cat photos,
and this is one of the best.

Businessman:
"It is a pleasure to contribute to your work of proclaiming the Gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, by means of Bethany Lutheran Church and the Internet.

I read your sermons, download your books and watch the services during the week, with great humbleness to your teaching. Let me encourage you to continue proclaiming Justification by Faith Alone and Historic Lutheran doctrine, in a world dripping with the venom of the unregenerate and false teachers.

May God continue to use you to correctly teach His Word, educate and mentor His Sheep who, are always vulnerable to attack from the wolves."

That is pretty overwhelming, to have such a kind letter arrive in the mail. Others have written or said similar things, which repudiate the claim that no one reads this blog. And - that no one agrees with Justification by Faith Alone.

WELS Layman:
"I was at a WELS institution of higher education and reading Ichabod. I did not burst into flames or anything else the leaders tell the students will happen - if they read your blog."

That still makes me laugh.

Brett Meyer:
I admonished him for building a new version of the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, when I am trying to teach simple gardening. He wrote back:

"...I have to channel my creativity at home.  But I'm incorporating the lasagna method of gardening in the boxes.  Using leaf, wood mulch, paper and horse/cow manure layered on top - with the lawn on the bottom.

Amy said yesterday that our cherry tree has never bloomed so full.  Last fall we followed your ideas and piled leaves around the tree in the front yard.  They're about half their former height now."