Saturday, July 25, 2015

From 2012 - Tales from the Crypt - Many Familiar Names



Dimestore Liam has left a new comment on your post "Mequon Connection in Jeske Exit":

Wow, I know a lot of those guys... I had no Idea the WELS had gotten so much crazier since my exit in 1992! Mark Jeske played in a "Christian Rock" band with a guy I knew, I met him at the '85 Youth Rally; Tom Jeske was my tutor at MLS that Fall... R.e. Mequon '78, Mark Porinsky was my Pastor from 1979-1985; Kenneth Jahnke was the emissary who had to explain why I was kicked out of St. Mark's, Flat Rock MI & then why Pastor Gore & I were 86d from the WELS a couple of years later, poor guy...

As for Mark Freier, I got in a shoving match with him in the chapel at HVLHS in 1987 because he was mis-quoting scripture in his sermon and I stood up and called him a liar, hahaha... He jumped down from the pulpit and took a swing at me. That wasn't the last time I had a run-in with him, either. That guy is a complete lunatic! Oh yeah, I also just finished reading Mark Braun's "A Tale Of Two Synods" immediately before getting online this morning, which is how I ended up on this website again...

Patterson will coach you, for a monthly fee.
Learn how to dump pastoral duties on an assistant,
his salary paid by a WELS grant.


***

GJ - Freier's "Emergent Church" in South Lyons, Michigan is now a Covenant congregation. Like Kelm starting an ELCA church, Bob Mueller and Paul Kuske started a Covenant parish - with three WELS pastors getting it going.

Freier emerged as a consultant being paid about $50,000 to advise Parlow's congregation in how to make a faster exit from Lutherdom.

Freier bragged on his website that he would perform a marriage for anyone, any religion - atheist, Hindu, you name it.

Mark Freier will coach you to success.