Monday, August 8, 2016

The Junior High Where I Attended - And Where My Mother Taught


I administer the Calvin Coolidge page, Moline, for the alumni. Someone had me take it over after it started. I used my social media experience to build the page up to almost 1,000 participants, by welcoming new members and asking them to invite their friends. They were also asked to tell us about themselves and when they were at CC. New people join all the time. Our rival, John Deere Junior High, has less than 500 participants - not that I'm counting.

But one person wrote:

Is there no one in this group from the 70's ? Why is everything about the 60's and before? Even the group's picture ... You make us baby boomers feel like we didn't attend. Do some research admins. Find some later pictures to post to make the rest of us feel like we belong.

I responded.

We have almost 1000 members. Anyone can post a photo, starting with those who want more recent photos. One of my classmates took the trouble of scanning everything from three years at Coolidge. Unfortunately, he kept passing each grade, so he only obtained three years worth of photos to scan.