Saturday, April 6, 2019

More Luther on the Way



Luther
Janie Sullivan has Volume 1. She will work on the next two volumes as she finishes this one. I should be able to get the next two to her pretty fast. Alec Satin did most of the work and Norma Boeckler designed the covers and illustrations.

Each volume will be printed

  1. in color, 
  2. black and white, and 
  3. as a Kindle ebook.


Each PDF will be posted a free, public domain volume.

From the printed copies we will gather House Postil Gems, publishing that in color only. Virginia Roberts is helping with this, her second Gems.

I warned Janie that I will ask her to merge volumes 1-3 and the Gems into one PDF.

Dictionary
I have started the Ichabod Lutheran Dictionary and will be working on that until I finish the Zs.

Justification by Faith Exegesis
This has a priority deadline, because of my wife's birthday on July 20th. It falls on the anniversary of the moon landing, and the start of the LCMS convention.

I know how Lutherans avoid real research outwardly, but it spreads inwardly, stealthily nevertheless. The great and wise did everything short of a book-burning with Thy Strong Word, but it got around and is still read.

The Otten-McCain-Harrison regime is the most toxic ever, so I hope that Lutherans will recognize the truth of the Chief Article, the swindle of Objective Justification, its crafts and assaults.

American Lutheran Doctrinal History
Someone asked me to summarize American Lutheran history, and I countered with - Yes, if I deal mainly with doctrine. My plan is to deal with the ELCA side as one movement, the Stephan-Walther side as the other.