Thursday, April 14, 2022

Previous Year's IBM Links - In Case They Are Needed


Maundy Thursday Communion Service, 2020


Good Friday Service, 2021


Easter Sunday Communion Service, 2021


I have learned some important technology lessons. When IBM no longer supported our broadcast  - live streaming and saved worship services, Greek lessons, etc - my mind was still on LogiTech cameras. They make very good USB linked audio/videos. We had about 32,000 views altogether.

Yes, I will download them all to YouTube, this summer.

A lot happened in technology since our first videos, which were created in the hallway, between the living room and garage, in Phoenix.

Alicia Meyer visited us and was astonished by the tiny size of our chapel, which Christina designed. 

When we moved south to Springdale, we used the aptly named "spare room in a rented house," much smaller. Norma Boeckler created the artwork above the current altar.

So I assumed we could use our little LogiTech UBS video camera and plug it into the hardware for RESI, a similar but high tech version of IBM/Ustream. That hardware only takes OSI, which is a jump up from HDMI. I knew nothing about either one. I studied Cisco network engineering and earned a CCNA designation in the last century!

RESI does not accept UBS signals, so that was our first let down. I finally got the knowledge and hardware together for HDMI (which can convert to OSI) and tried that yesterday - Rainbow pattern. I learned the new camera is very fragile - in the firmware inside the camera. I probably fried the software. Besides that, the guts of the camera are on the outside, very awkward for a newbie like me.

I can return the Aida camera and the mike for a refund. I have ordered a much better camera for the same cost - from Amazon. As a side bet, I am ordering a second video from B and H Camera and Video.