Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Ghost Plays Tag with Sassy

 Sassy has a white mussel now. She normally goes to the front to guard the garden and look for Ranger Bob.

Sassy wanted to go outside in the backyard, so I let her out. Soon I heard a " Wuff! Wuff! Wuff!" It was so gentle that it did not sound quite like a dog. Sassy issues orders with sharp, indignant barks.

I peaked out the backdoor, suspecting it was Ghost (her stage name, to avoid costly lawsuits). She is the beautiful white puppy who invited herself into the Rose Garden when I was sitting on the ground and working with some plants. Ghost seemed to know the coast was clear, the family would not pursue her. We had a little talk and Ghost rewarded me with kisses, licks, and a place on her dance card. The family wanted her back but did not want to trample the garden. After all, I grow real weeds. Ghost went back and everyone was happy.

Ghost is quite large and slender now, with long silky hair. She wanted to play tag with Sassy, and they both jumped around, feigning attacks, and had fun in spite of the fence. I will do some things in the backyard, and Ghost is likely to insist on some talk, petting, and perhaps tennis ball chasing.